Sydney Cricket Ground or also referred to as SCG is one of the most popular sports stadiums in the country of Australia and also all over the globe. A lot of important matches have been held here in the past and will continue to be conducted in the future as well. the ground has extensively been used for all types of matches including one day internationals, twenty20, test cricket, and also other friendly matches and more. other than cricket, other matches are also conducted here including the rugby league, rugby union, and the Australian rules football. This cricket ground is the home ground for the Sydney sixers, Sydney swans, big bash league, New South Wales Blues cricket team, and the Australian football leagues club. The stadium is owned and operated by the cricket ground trust which also manages the football stadium which is located just next door.
The stadium has been opened in the year 1988, and since has been one of the primary venues for cricket as well as rugby even in the neighboring suburb Redfern. The capacity of the stadium is almost 48,000. There are so many grand stand structures in the stadium which have been named distinctively. The first one is Bradman and Messenger stand which has been built in the year 2013 and 2014. There are a lot of corporate boxes, members seating, and media facilities for the members of the trust and all those who are eligible for the members for the Swans. The stand named messenger also houses the main video screen in the cricket ground.
The Bill O’Reilly stand was formerly named as the Pat Hills stand which was built in the year 1984, which as seating which has been reserved for the public and also a few corporate boxes. Another stand is named as the Victor Trumper stand which was built in the year 2007 and 2008 which has replaced Doug Walters stand and also Yabba’s hill. The other stand is Clive Churchill stand which was built in the year 1986 which is just same as the previous stand clockwise.
The next stand is the Brewongle stand was built in the year 1980, which also has corporate boxes and also public seating which is reserved. The stand has been named after a tea room in the city. The meaning of this word is camping place. for the ladies, there is also a special Ladies stand where only females are allowed which was built in the year 1896. However, when the public is too less, it is also used for general public including men. There is one more general stand which was built in the year 1878 which allows the seating of the members.
By the cricketers, most of the reviews which have come, this cricket ground has merged as one of the most spin friendly fields which enhances the game for the bowlers. The soil and the foundation here are amazing and tend to make this cricket ground one of the most apt grounds for international cricket.